End of Summer Checklist
Looking for helpful tips to clean up from the summer, prepare for back to school, and get ready for fall.
- Clean and store beach gear
- Clean the kitchen – tidy up countertops, empty refrigerator and freezer, clean the dishwasher and organize the cupboards.
- Deep clean floors, baseboards and carpets.
- Deep clean vehicle interiors.
- Organize closets. Donate clothing that no longer fits or was not worn all summer.
- Prepare for back to school. Throw out broken supplies. Create a homework zone and spot to store backpacks.
- Check your roof and siding for wear and damage. Look for loose shingles and damaged siding. Make any repairs before snow and ice cause further damage.
- Inspect your home for pests and potential spots where they could enter your home.
- Clean and organize your garage.
- Replace air filters
- Check your heating systems. Call an HVAC specialist for a tune-up or if you have any problems.
- Prune your trees. Many trees finish growing at the end of summer so it is the perfect time to prune and trim overgrown limbs.
- Clean and store your outdoor furniture.
- Clean your gutters.
- Have your wood stove or fireplace cleaned.
- Repair cracks in the driveway and sidewalk.
- Check your window caulking and recaulk if necessary.